The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour provides an alternative to the lengthy two-week trek in the Everest region. This EBC Heli tour with a landing option allows you to reach the foot of Everest in just 4 hours.
Experience an awe-inspiring bird's-eye view of the entire Himalayan range, with the highlight being a close-up encounter with Everest (8,848 m), the world's highest peak. The proximity to glittering peaks like Cho-Oyu, Lhotse, Mt. Amadablam, Nuptse, Kangtega, and more adds to the breathtaking scenery.
This helicopter flight landing tour to Everest Base Camp showcases the natural beauty of Sherpa villages and towns, particularly Namche. Enjoy captivating views of the Khumbu Glacier, nestled between Everest and the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge, and find solace in the bird's-eye perspective of high-altitude monasteries like Tengboche.
Aside from reaching Everest Base Camp, this tour treats you to the best aerial views of picturesque landscapes and serene valleys in the Everest region. Make a stop at Kala Patthar for unparalleled views of Everest and neighboring peaks, capturing stunning panoramas in your photographs.
Indulge in a delightful breakfast experience at Everest View Hotel in Syangboche, as per our trip plan with a 45-minute landing. Engage with friendly Sherpas, soak in the hospitality, and relish the most captivating Himalayan vistas during this memorable adventure.
Best time for the Everest holicopter tour
The weather at EBC varies depending upon the seasons. The EBC (5364 m) and Kalapathar (5545 m) helicopter tour are possible in all time of the year. But to best utilize of your tour will be in autumn, winter and spring seasons: (January-May, and September- December).
.During these months, the sky usually remains clear. You will have fewer chances of clouds and precipitation is low. So, you the visibility is good during these seasons. The surrounding views are clearer.
March to June
Wildflowers are in full bloom around 2,000 m to 3,000 m altitudes. The temperature will be 15 to 20 degree Celsius on a bright sunny day. Morning and evening can be colder with temperature ranging from -0 to 05 degree Celsius. (Neglecting the wind chill factors)
Mid- September to December
Weather is the clearest. Days are shorter. The average temperature in the morning and night ranges from -05 to -10 degree Celsius. The daytime temperature with sunlight is a maximum of 15-20 degree Celsius. Temperature and weather conditions vary depending upon the altitude and areas of the visit.
December to March
These are the coldest months in the Everest region. So, there are more chances of rainfall and snow. Temperature ranges from minimum of -10 to -15 degree Celsius to maximum of 15-18 degree Celsius on average (without wind chill factor). The daytime is mostly clear with blue sky.
July to mid-September
These are the monsoon months in Everest region. Everest region during these months is wet with heavy moisture. Frequent rainfall occurs mostly in the evenings. The morning time has good weather time in many months. In cases of bad weather, the helicopter does not fly in the region. If so, you will get money refunds. Or, if you have time we can postpone for the trip for clear days.
Share our team of Himalayan Joy Adventure about your preferences and when you want to choose this tour. We will be happy to plan your itinerary accordingly.
Clothing and preparation for Everest helicopter tour
Most of the times, you will see sunshine in Everest. But on a cloudy day, it will be freezing cold. You might be curious about things to take with your during your EBC Helicopter tour. Here are some accessories that you will require on the flight:
- Windproof down jacket and trousers( waterproofs)
- Sun Hat/ cap, Scarf
- Sunglass & Sun lotion, Lip Balms
- A Water bottle and toilet paper
- Seekers shoes with warm shocks
- Camera and gears: Batteries, Memory card, Tripod, etc.
- Mobile phone
- Your passport or a passport copy
- Light snacks, dried fruits or some chocolate
Everest Helicopter tour tips
- Travel in private group, this way you can distribute the entire cost among the team.
- Pre-plan the tour before going for it.
- Budget planning is essential. It costs around USD 1500 per person.
- During off-seasons, plan the trip with more spare days. If bad weather hits on a particular day, you may continue the tour the next day.
- Our team of Himalayan Joy Adventures provides oxygen cylinder to you to make your breathing easier. And to minimize the risk of altitude sickness during this trip.
- Wear seat-belt during flight. Do not leave the assigned seats during board.
- Do not throw any objects from the helicopter at the time of the flight.
- Do not smoke unless the Captain indicates that it is safer to smoke.
- Keep holding to your allocated seat during the flight and enjoy the alluring Himalayan vistas.
What You Can Expect
- The closer and comfortable view of Everest and adjoining giant peaks like Nuptse, Pumori, Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho-Oyu, Mt. Makalu, Cholaste, Tawache, etc.
- Helicopter land at Kalapathar (5545 m), an optimum Everest View Point (5364 m) and at the Everest Base Camp itself.
- The entire Everest region, the Sherpa tribe, and the impressive Buddhist culture and traditions.
- Remarkable Buddhist monasteries, like Tengboche Monastery.
- Aerial view of majestic green alpine forests, an arctic zone of ice and glaciers.
- Flight over the incredible Khumbu Icefalls and glacier.
- View of Tenzing Hillary Airport (Lukla Airport)
- Incredible View of Namche Bazar, a busy Sherpa hub in Khumbu region.
- View of Khumjung and Syangboche Village
- A delicious breakfast at the Everest View Hotel with a great sight of snow covered peaks and warm hospitality of Sherpas.
- Aerial views of quaint Sherpa settlements (Namche, Tengboche, Phakding etc.)
- Sagarmatha National Park (a natural UNESCO World Heritage Site)